Internet is one of the most important networks that connect people, and India has been proactive in acquiring 50% of IPv6 addresses and has also completed 60% adoption. With this power at hand, India is now aiming to create Atma Nirbhar or Self-sufficient Internet access to all its citizens by building its own robust infrastructure in the form of a local root server (Atma Nirbhar secured Internet access).
In order to achieve the Atma Nirbhar Bharat initiative, there are many functions to be carried out. Extensive research and development are required to make sure the IPv6 function is carried out and is independent. The National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) is believed to carry out the Atma Nirbhar Internet initiative is approved. There are many advantages to setting up India’s own local root servers like the US, Japan, Russia, China, and the EU.
According to the state-run ITI and IPv6 Forum, India would be able to create its own root server for the internet in less than Rupees10 crore. Reliance Jio already has all its customers connected to IPv6 and other telecom players are slowly following suit (Atma Nirbhar secured Internet access),
The following are the advantages of Atma Nirbhar Secured Internet Access:
- Setting up a local root server will give access to nearly 340 trillion unique IP addresses of the 6th IP version.
- Billions of Indians will have access to devices that run on advanced technology like IoT, 5G, Cloud, etc.
- It will also help in other advanced technology like Machine Learning, Data Mining, etc.
- It will help India to centralize and enhance security and data protection.
- It will also help India overcome security threats like hacks, cyber-attacks, vulnerabilities in open-source, DDoS attacks, etc.
- It will also help the IT workforce to work securely in the latest working style of Work from Home by allocating a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to every individual to secure their connection.
- It will provide safety and stability to the Domain Name System.
- It will safeguard India’s Digital India initiative to connect devices with IPv6.
- Indian technocrats can develop IPv6 servers and even export them.
- India can also help other neighboring countries setup their own root servers.
Atma Nirbhar India Initiative:
In a big push towards the Atma Nirbhar initiative, the Indian Army has launched a messaging app exclusively for Army personnel. This app is called the ‘Secure Application for the Internet’ or SAI. It is a secure application developed by Col. Sai Shankar and will be applied pan army. This was an important step towards securing sensitive information that pertains to national security and its forces. Messaging apps like Whatsapp, Telegram is widely used however they can be compromised, hence the Ministry of Defence had already asked all security personnel to remove and stop using nearly 80 apps including WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, etc. SAI supports text messaging, voice calls, video calls, and is end-end secure (Atma Nirbhar secured Internet access).
At the 15th India Digital Summit held, Mr. Ravi Shankar, Union Minister of Communications, Electronics and Information Technology, shared his views on the Digital India Initiative. He said that he wants to see an IT ecosystem where India will become a manufacturing hub. He wants India to cultivate centers that manufacture laptops, mobiles, tablets, machine-machine equipment, etc(Atma Nirbhar secured Internet access).
The exhaustion of IPv4 addresses had led to the creation of IPv6 addresses. IPv4 addresses are available only in AFRINIC, which may exhaust IP addresses in a few years. But, what will happen to these IPs when the entire world is moving to IPv6s?
IPv4 may take another 10-15 years to completely finish or may not finish at all. The following are the reasons why companies still may sell or buy or lease IPv4s:
- IPv4s when sold can create revenue for the IPv4 seller.
- IPv4s can be leased to perform certain functions like testing software or websites etc.
- IPv4s can be also leased to make the gradual infrastructural shift to IPv6 using Dual Stack.
Yet, one can purchase IP Address or block on the Secondary Market through Broker Service Provider of ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, like Alpha InfoLab. IPv4 Sellers and buyers can do transparent and fair bidding For IPv4 on IPv4.deals, the best Exchange Platform IPv4. On the exchange platform of IPv4, bidders can enjoy a fair IPv4 Market Price.
Alpha InfoLab believes in India’s Atma Nirbhar Initiative and Digital India Initiative. Hence, it is playing its part in providing companies IPv6 network connectivity through technologies like Dual-Stack, etc. If your company is looking to monetize IPv4s and also adopt IPv6, you can connect with Alpha InfoLab Team now. They have a dedicated team who will understand your company’s requirements and accordingly provide a customized and affordable solution.