This is a wakeup call to all (Deciding Between IPv4 And IPv6 ) companies who have not moved from IPv4 to IPv6. IPv6 adoption in 2019 was slower than expected, yet we hope that in 2020 we will see a steady rise.
Companies who are still on IPv4 are likely to lose out customers already on IPv6, yet their website isn’t which is used to promote their products and services. Major ISPs around the world have already started using IPv6 meaning your end-users already have an IPv6 address. (Deciding Between IPv4 And IPv6) So, when they search in Google for example “Sell IPv4” or “Buy IPv4”, Google (who also uses IPv6) will give preference to your competitors using IPv6 in the Page Ranks, so your website could end up somewhere in the 10th page or further down, which is a major setback to all your SEO efforts.
What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6 and why is IPv6 necessary?
The major differences between IPv4 and IPv6 are:
1. Configuration: IPv6 has in-built simple auto-configuration, unlike IPv4.
2. IP Security: It is difficult for malware to replicate in a network when the IP range is scanned using Port Scanner in IPv6, whereas this doesn’t happen in IPv4.
3. NDP: IPv6 has Neighbour Discovery Protocol or NDP has a special component named NUD or Neighbour Unreachability Detection (NUD), which is more robust in delivering packets when mobile nodes, (Deciding Between IPv4 And IPv6 ) routers or links fail, which lacks in IPv4
4. Larger address space: IPv6 had unlimited address space whereas IPv4 addresses have run out.
5. Broadcast: IPv6 uses multicast addresses unlike IPv4
6.CGA: IPv6 secures address space using CGA or Cryptographically Generated Addresses that is independent of IP Security, which is missing in IPv4.
7. SND: NDP’s security extension is Secure Neighbour Discovery or SND in IPv6, unlike IPv4.
The above differences clearly show that in the IPv4 vs IPv6 usage comparison, IPv6 wins.
Totally adopting IPv6 can seem complicated, while you are already using IPv4 and for that reason alone Dual Stack is being widely used. Dual-Stack is the technology that runs both your IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Following are the reasons why you must consider using Dual Stack:
- If you are a software developing company
- For unavoidable situations or times when you have to adopt IPv6.Read More: Steps to Buy/Sell IPv4 Addresses3 Step Guide which your company needs to do next to adopt IPv6 as soon as possible:
1. Firstly, speak to an IP expert who will analyze your current infrastructure and accordingly provide you with an apt Dual-Stack solution or IPv6 only solution based on your current and future requirements?
2. Secondly, place your IPv4s for sale on our IP Exchange Platform
3. Thirdly, once your IPv4s are sold that earns you revenue.
Shift from IPv4 to IPv6 before your company realizes that your current hardware does not support IPv4, your only choice would be to adopt IPv6 which could become dearer in the coming years. So, why wait when you can do it now without any hassles? Connect with us today for more information on adopting IPv6 and selling IPv4.